As we continue to monitor reports of the impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we want to assure you that Agape Pregnancy Resource Center remains committed to delivering compassionate care to our clients.
During this crisis, the safety and well-being of our staff/volunteers, clients, and families is our main priority. We greatly care about our community and want to do our part to keep everyone healthy and help minimize the spread of the virus. We are all in this together! In that spirit, we are implementing changes in how we provide services to assist in the containment of the coronavirus and help protect us all. Please note that because the situation is evolving daily, these services are subject to change at any time.
FOR AGAPE STAFF AND VOLUNTEERS:
- All non-essential personnel, staff and volunteers, have been advised to not come to the center until further notice. If their work can be performed from home, those arrangements shall be made, keeping in mind HIPAA requirements. Until further notice, Agape will be staffed by one nurse and one staff client advocate only.
FOR AGAPE CLIENTS – SERVICES AVAILABLE:
- Our nurses and client advocates will be available via email, text, phone, or video conferencing during our regular office hours to continue to meet your needs.
- PREGNANCY TEST, ULTRASOUND, & INFO ON OPTIONS: Think you might be pregnant? Call our hotline at 737-240-0000 to speak to a client advocate who will screen you to determine what type of testing will be offered. If indicated, a test will be provided in a bag on a table outside Agape’s back door to do the test at home. If the test is done at home, we will follow up with a call to answer questions, assess your needs, and schedule a time for you to pick up a bag with information tailored to your needs, prenatal vitamins, etc. At this time, we are unable to offer ultrasounds.
- NURSE VISITS: Have questions about pregnancy symptoms, your pregnancy, maternal health, post-natal issues, etc? Call our hotline at 737-240-0000 to have a nurse call you.
- REFILL PRENATAL VITAMINS: It’s important to continue taking prenatal vitamins throughout your pregnancy! If you need a refill, please call our hotline at 737-240-0000 to have a staff member schedule a time for you to pick up prenatal vitamins that will be placed in a labeled bag on a table outside Agape’s back door.
- MATERIAL RESOURCES (DIAPERS, WIPES, FORMULA, ETC.) FOR CURRENT CLIENTS (THOSE WHO HAVE RECEIVED OR WILL RECEIVE A POSITIVE PREGNANCY TEST AT AGAPE, UNTIL THEIR BABY’S 2ND BIRTHDAY): Call our hotline at 737-240-0000 to have a staff member evaluate your needs and schedule a time for you to pick up your items. They will be placed in a labeled bag on a table outside Agape’s back door.
- BRIGHTCOURSE ONLINE CLASSES ON PREGNANCY, CHILDBIRTH, NEWBORN CARE, PARENTING, AND MORE: TEXT (737) 200-2324 to have one of our staff members text you the link to lessons. For a complete list of lessons, go to https://www.brightcourse.com/bc/default.aspx and look for the “Lessons” link. Under that tab are lessons available on Pregnancy & Birth, The First Year, Toddlers, Parenting, Life Skills, Practical Fatherhood, and Religious Topics. Just text us the titles of the lessons you would like to receive! When you are ready to check your homework and we will schedule a time for a client advocate to review your homework either over the phone or through video conferencing. If you need help, call our hotline at 737-240-0000 for assistance. (Note: All on-site classes at Agape are suspended until such time as public gatherings are determined to be safe by the CDC and/or state and local authorities.)
- NEW BABY VISITS: If you have recently given birth, and your baby is less that three months old, give us a call on our hotline at 737-240-0000 to schedule your new baby visit! It will be an online visit. This is a great time to talk about your birth experience and let us know how you are feeling, both physically and emotionally. After your online visit, we’ll schedule a time for you to drop by Agape and pick up your special gift on the table outside the back door!
- JUST NEED TO TALK: During these unprecedented times, you may be feeling overwhelmed, afraid, hopeless, emotional, etc. Call our hotline at 737-240-0000 to have one of our wonderful client advocates call you. We are here to listen!
- NEED PRAYER OR TO TALK ABOUT SPIRITUAL MATTERS: Just want someone to pray with you? Call our hotline at 737-240-0000 to speak to a client advocate who will pray with you, listen, answer questions, and talk about spiritual matters. We are here for you!
- For those who receive a pregnancy test or ultrasound inside Agape’s building, the following procedures will be done to protect clients*:
- Clients will not be able to bring children, family members, partners, or other guests inside the building with them.
- Agape PRC shall disinfect all surfaces, including doorknobs, phones, light switches, workstations, computer keyboards and mice, countertops, bathrooms, etc. on a regular basis per the center’s Universal Precautions Policy and recommendations from the CDC and OSHA. A log of such disinfecting shall be kept to assure it occurs several times a day. The disinfection will occur after every client is seen.
- Agape PRC staff will wash hands regularly, keep the bathrooms and other areas clean, and be educated on the transmission and symptoms of COVID-19.
- Agape PRC shall provide alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60-95% alcohol in the reception area and in at least one other area in the center.
- No children, elderly people, or people with compromised health shall enter the center until further notice.
- *NOTE: Since Texas ordered a “shelter-in-place” order, Agape is not providing on-site pregnancy tests or ultrasounds. All services are “drive-through” (to pick up pregnancy tests or material assistance) or phone visits.